Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Problem with your light switch ....?

quattrosteph

I had a problem with my light switch. Head light /xenon sometimes didn'r work or simplt did switch off while driving.... Switch is 95 quids from OPC !!!! did find a diy threadfor cleaning the switch on the net. (6speedonline). Took me 30mns and some electrical cleaning spray. My lights are working properly now !!!!! I will put the link when I have a mo. 8)

I was told mine was broken when I went in for a service, I told them I was surprised as it had always worked for me, I didn't authorise them to change it and its never ever failed to work.

Very odd................

Mine started from time to time. At the end didn't work at all. Seems to be a common fault on 996. Those switch get dirty inside and need cleaning.

Common issue, mine need doing as I have had a couple of 'reminders' at speed about it too. Just need to find a suitable cleaner....

The light switch in my car has been replaced in the last 2 years: seems like a common issue.

quattrosteph said:
I had a problem with my light switch. Head light /xenon sometimes didn'r work or simplt did switch off while driving.... Switch is 95 quids from OPC !!!! did find a diy threadfor cleaning the switch on the net. (6speedonline). Took me 30mns and some electrical cleaning spray. My lights are working properly now !!!!! I will put the link when I have a mo. 8)

Well done Steph - have you got the link to the thread on 6speed?

Many thanks Steph

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back