Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Prestige car dealers

marlin

I have spent the last 6 weeks scouring the Internet for an Aston Martin for my wife. Virtually without exception, I have found all of the Aston Martin dealers ( both main dealers and non main dealers ) that I have contacted to be aloof, distant and offhand. Very few return phone calls or respond to emails and ALL of them that have said that they will contact me when a suitable car is available have NEVER contacted me even when a car that suits me has come into their showroom for sale.

Since I am prepared to spend nearly £60 k. for the right car, I think that I am entitled to expect a much better level of response, never mind treatment.

Has any else had a similar response from purveyors of expensive cars ? For what it is worth, when I bought my current 996 three years ago, I found the right car with the very first dealer I contacted, so, apart from that one firm, have no up to date experience of Porsche dealers.

Beershark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109788

Why not buy private and have it PPI and save ££££+++

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109794

Went into an OPC had a test drive, told them my requirements/price limits & they said it'd be easy to find a suitable one...heard nothing & that was 4 months back.

Bought a better spec for same price privately 2 months back so their loss!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109808

A mate deals in mainly Aston Martin - and he's NOT aloof :wink:

Try calling Peter Brook at Lawton Brook on 01423 815505 - he usually deals around five or six Aston's a month and only ever touches nice cars.

His website (although it's crap) is:
http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=21475&pageid=2

Don't take too much notice of what he's got on there as he usually has plenty of other cars to draw from. Good luck.

HTH

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109810

Anniesland Car Sales in Glasgow have a fleet of Astons on the forecourt. Scottish motor services in GLasgow also have a couple for sale... but classics not modern.

Dont have any personal experience of dealing witht hem but both have been in business a long time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109811

Good friend of mines the bUyer for Bramley, I'm sure he could find you one

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109812

Thanks, guys, for the solid help given here. I shall certainly contact everybody suggested. Insofar as buying privately is concerned, there just ain't any DB7 Vantage Volantes around outside of dealers showrooms ! I have looked everywhere and haven't found one privately owned car. From what I can gather, most of them have been traded in against DB9's, and / or private buyers have asked dealers to sell their cars for them on commission - hence the cars are all in showrooms !

Another thing that is very interesting, is that few of any of the numerous messages I posted in the AMOC forum re my search for an Aston were ever responded to, despite their being perfectly reasonable requests for information on DB7's. This prompted me to be just a trifle critical in a low key way as to the lack of response ( as I was similarly critical about Aston dealerships in the email to which you guys replied ). The minute I posted anything that was unfavourable I was banned from the website. It is nice to be in a forum where the members respond and do so both quicjly and helpfully !!! Thanks, guys !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109828

It never ceases to amaze me the way some people treat their prospective customers. Nothing to do with cars but I had a website I was trying to get built with an unlimited budget. I contacted web and design companies by phone and email and after five days not one had returned a call or mail. In the end I designed and built it myself.

Maybe just everyone's too rich these days.

Good luck with your Aston purchase.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109831

There is a lovely Vantage Volante for sale at the Hairpin Motor Company, who claim to be a good lot. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

http://www.thehairpincompany.com/

I assume you have tried the Chiltern Aston Centre also?

http://www.db7centre.co.uk/

The Henley Heritage TVR dealer have one listed on their site too for just under £40k.

www.henley-tvr.com

You could also try Shane Ashley Carter

www.saccl.co.uk

I have also been very impressed with my dealings with Broughtons in Pangbourne (Berkshire), not that I have actually bought anything off them, but they have been very friendly and helpful on my tyre-kicking excursions.

TBH, selling any car at over £50k privately is tricky- hence most end up traded at dealers or on S-O-R.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109833

After six weeks of looking for an Aston, I think that a large part of the problem as to why dealers tend to ignore approaches from potential customers is because it tends to make the customer a bit panicky ! When this was first done to me, I wound up offering a much higher price than I first bid, and that at least persuaded him to ring me once ! He still didn't do much more than that though, even though my second offer was the actual purchase price................and I still wasn't able to buy the car !

Marlin.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109836

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pmjt on 16 January 2007
Try calling Peter Brook at Lawton Brook on 01423 815505 - he usually deals around five or six Aston's a month and only ever touches nice cars.

His website (although it's crap) is:
http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=21475&pageid=2

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/media(6).jpg

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109838

Thank you, Robert, for the names that you have put forward. It amazes me that after six weeks of using every conceivable search engine there are still firms out there that I haven't been able to discover ! The Hairpin Company is one of them. Their car is fabulous but two points disqualify it for me and they are the same reasons that kill the Shane Ashley Carter car also. First of all, my absolute maximum spend is £55 k. I cannot improve on that and whereas some dealers are dropping prices on DB7's, few will drop by £5 k. Secondly, they both have magnolia leather interiors ( this is very common with dark blue Astons, but when the top is down, cars with cream interiors are well beyond the pale ( pardon the pun ! ) and look like a tart's boudoir !

Insofar as the car owned by the Henley TVR dealer, it was sold two weeks ago when I rang them up, as are a lot of cars still featured on dealer's websites. That still leaves us with the DB7 centre, but they don't want to take my Ferrari 348 from me in p/x !

Please keep the info coming, thiugh, guys. It is really useful

Insoaf

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109841

Previous poster said:
Quote: That still leaves us with the DB7 centre, but they don't want to take my Ferrari 348 from me in p/x !
Please keep the info coming, thiugh, guys. It is really useful

Insoaf

Boy its a tough life eh :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109852

Marlin, have you tried the Runnymede motor company? They've got a nice Volante listed, as well as a few Ferraris.

http://www.runnymedemotorcompany.com/

What 348 do you have?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109971

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back