Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential new owner Cayman under 16K

davidv11

Hi Everyone - First an apology for asking questions regulars must have seen and answered many many times before.

Im new here - currently own a BMW 120d Coupe and its time for a change.

No longer do I need a dirty diesel as my commute is much smaller now :)

So I have a budget of 16k and I have found some GEN 1 cars on auto trader and various other sites. Ideally I want a 3.4S although a standard cayman im sure would be just as good - if not a bit slower..

Apart from the engine size and bhp what are the differences - does the s have different suspension bigger brakes etc etc.....

In that price bracket there are lots of cars with 80k+ miles on them, i have found 5 with appx mileage of 50k - is that sort of miles going to bother a cayman?

Is there anything in patricular to look out for on these cars? Anything that should have been done by 50k to check

Is the OPC warranty and 111 point check to get one worth it?

Is expecting 20-22mpg realistic for mainly town driving nearer 28 on a long run?

And lastly whats it like to own one - genuine first hand experience of GEN 1 cars - all the good bits and the niggles too

Thanks for your answers - :)

Welcome to 911uk :bye:

I know nothing about them... but is the 3.4 on Autotrader with 54k miles for 15.5 in your list?

Good luck :thumb:

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

There are 4 on there for around that price. Is there something I should know about that car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back