Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warranty

GD

Barcelona
Hi,

I bought my car privately and has one year of OPC warranty left.

Does anyone know how the warranty exchange works? Do I need to transfer the warranty somehow and does the 90 day thing apply?

Thanks,

GD.

If the car already had OPC warranty then it can be transferred to yourself. I would suggest contacting your local dealer who can probably update the records for you.

If I remember correctly I was also given a warranty booklet which had section which you could fill out that transferred the warranty to the new owner.

Warranty belongs to the car and Not to the owner.
So no need to Do anything.

+1
Warranty is worldwide and assigned to VIN.

Just advise new owner it has one!

I called Porsche GB Head Office and they sorted out the change of owner for me, but it is the car not the person that the warranty applies to.

**** Important foot note:

Based on my experience of 2 cars both with OPC warranties.

The warranty is NOT transferable if the car was bought from another non-OPC dealer. There might be some loopholes/caveats but I think it is black and white. A privately bought car with an OPC warranty, then yes the warranty can be transferred. Bought from the trade and it can not.

I do not advise lying - but one could always not let Porsche know if the car was bought from a trader.

M

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back