Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche / VW in F1 ?

LOJO

There is a really cool feature on the ITV-F1 website called "The Mole" - it is written in James-Bondey style on all the secrets in F1 - always fascinating and most often correct and that is long before the mainstream journalists report things - this article is particularly interesting for Porsche fans ....

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=The_Mole&PO_ID=34240

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34767

Hmmm, interesting, I'd love to see Porsche in F-1.

Much better for VW to be a subsidiary of Porsche than the other way round, for both companies I think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34780

I love reading the Mole's articles, but I think its more tongue in cheekthan fact-based and if you go back, I don't think he's often right...we still have Max around, schumi hasn't retired and BMW did end up going it alone, to name a few.

I don't see Porsche in F1, i would love to, but starting up a new team from scratch (there are no more privateers to buy out) and then running at huge cost(>£150m) to maybe be competitive in 5 yrs....i dunno.

I think the Porsche were more or less forced to buy in to VW, else hostile takover of VW and company split up could have meant Porsche would lose very lucrative production line sharing etc.

I would love to be proved wrong...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34791

I think that article all sounds a little unlikely. As said above, it is all about protecting co-operative agreements.

I don't think Porsche have anything to gain from entry into F1 from a marketing perspective, nor do I think the Porsche plan is to make VW into a rival for BMW etc. Surely Audi is doing a very good job of that. So an Audi F1 car on the other hand maybe...

What is interesting is how Skoda is building the sort of cars that VW should be building- good value, good quality. With Audi tackling the premium end, it's hard to see where VW can fit in without cannibalising sales from one bit or the other.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34792

i guess the VW Group sees it something like this - skoda bottom of market, VW in middle and Audi at the top ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34794

not that story again !

Porsche in F1... prob' never happen based on their history, the risks and costs are too high. an easy way to wipe away 5 years profit on a year !

although a VW team with either a Bugatti name with a Porsche engine ? ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34795

Porsche back in F1... we can dream I suppose

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/hot.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/f1.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34943

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/tag2.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34948

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member