Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche single din PCCM in a 996 pictures

The Baron3

Monza
So after looking at after market options for Apple CarPlay and listening to the nah sayers especially Porsche saying that the single din PCCM units are only for 993 and earlier I sort of gave up and went with a Continental unit with dab and phone connectivity and it worked fine and looked good, I was still hankering after an Apple CarPlay option, I then had the opportunity to buy a PCCM single din unit, boxed with all the parts including the maps.
I have today had it fitted by ACS audio in Swindon, took a couple of hours and it looks amazing, sounds better then either the Continental or the original Becker unit. I’ve also had the USB block put under the dash rather than in the cubby, which would mean drilling the back of the cubby and I would lose this valuable space, it doesn’t interfere with my knee and I’m over 6 feet tall. Very pleased with this option, so for anyone considering this option, IT CAN BE DONE.
For clarity, I never went with the double din as I don’t like the look in the cabin, I much prefer the single din look, fits better with the age of the cabin, and yes you can see the maps etc, not much different from my iPhone screen.IMG_1766.jpeg

the single din system fit cars with single din, nicely done
1716895188560.png

my old back in the day GT3 with the Becker Cascade, at the time Apple has just launched the 1st iphone !

I don't think anyone ever questioned whether it could be done, just the four figure cost of the head unit 😶 personally I would absolutely love one

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pk2904-997
Back