Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Silver

911 Turbo

Trainee
What is " Porsche" silver color ,GT ,platinum ,Rhodium...?

Rhodium Silver - Bottom Left
GT Silver - Bottom Right
Platinum Silver - Top Left
Agate - Top Right

In below picture,Gt silver is not silver at all,it is grey color.This silvers change colors

Attachments

• image_2278008046_570.jpg
    image_2278008046_570.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 3,738
  • img_6062_1_169.jpg
    img_6062_1_169.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3,737
It depends on what generation but off the top of my head ........

993s = Arctic (greyish tint) and Polar (bluish tint) definitely + ......
996s = Arctic, Polar, Meridian (brownish tint) I can't recall at the moment and GT(bright silver) for the 40th anniversary cars.
997s = Arctic and GT + ......
991s = Rhodium (greyish), GT, Platinum + ......

T8 said:

996s = Arctic, Polar, Meridian (brownish tint) I can't recall at the moment and GT(bright silver) for the 40th anniversary cars.

So there is no classic Porsche silver?

I have 2 types of 996 silver (don't ask).

Arctic silver is very silver and looks good with black interior whereas Polar silver has blue in it and , strangely enough, looks good with a blue hood and trim.

911 Turbo said:
T8 said:

So there is no classic Porsche silver?

Correct.

Is silver Porsche color, just like Ferrari is red?

Whan I think about Porsche,for me car must be silver,just like ferrari must be red...that is how I look at Porsche..

Can we state that Porsche color is silver in same manner like Ferrai is red or this is not usual perception of Porsche,maybe just my view how I see Porsche?

look at this beauty! there is no color that fit so good..
porsche-turbo-s-black-10-spoke-wheels-center-lock-forged-lightweight-racing-rims-H.jpg

I think it was very common around 2000. I'm not sure if that makes it good. I always have preferred Polar over Arctic.

MC

I'm am not a fan of 'silver' as it tends to be a safe and therefore boring colour in my view. That said Polar Silver with the blue tinge is the best of the silver strains.

If you have silver never ever option the blue interior. Unless you get a bung off Jonttt :floor:

Just about anything but repmobil silver, or black or grey.... :hand:

Looks great on the impact bumper cars because it is broken up by the black of the stone guards,bumper bellows and whale tail but other than that no.

madalaa said:
........ Silver my least favourite colour on a Porsche .......

Black is my least color. It kill beautiful porsche lines,you dont see car..

It is sin put black color on Porsche siluete!

Silver is usually associated with Mercedes ....silver arrows etc...
Although I do think the colour enhances the features of any car and makes them stand out, while black or flat dark colours tend to blend in and hide the features.

Having said that I've got a black BMW and a (Meteor) Grey 997 :grin:

Rhodium silver is the best! Goes faster as well :thumb:
Silver as such is quite a forgiving colour in terms of looking after.

1950's National racing colours influenced both. Germany went from white to bare aluminium for racing.

Enzos choice was Yellow (colour for the town of Modena) until Italy national racing was red.

Looks like buyers were influenced by the race cars and national colours.

Others have the same trend eg British (Bentley ) = green and france (Bugatti) blue.

McLaren came later hence orange/papaya was all that was left in the crayon box.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back