Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche newbie and 993 carpet

993hk

Hello, everyone, I am new here.

Thingking of buying a 1994 993 coupe. I have checked the car, drove it. It has 3 previous owners, with 90k km done. I am quite satisfied with the car.

But when I lift the floor mats, I found that the carpet has been cut, and there is a black board visible. The cut is visible on both the driver and the passenger side, and starts from the gas paddle to the rear seats. A bit worried whether this means some works has been done on the chasis. I checked another 993, and found the the same huge cut. Then I am wondering whether this is just my stupid guess since this will be my first Porsche. Maybe every 993 is like that. Hope you guys here can clear my doubts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101029

Welcome 993hk. Don't know what the answer to this could be, but is there anyone in Hong Kong you can go to for a pre-purchase inspection?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101033

Thanks,

I checked other two 993s from different dealers, and found the same carpet cut as well. My guess is that the 993 carpet is like that.

will go to Porsche dealer for an inspection.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101134

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back