Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Mags

JamesThomas

Silverstone
I've only been looking seriously into getting a 911 for the last couple of months and, in the interest of learning as much as I can about my motor of choice (993) I've been enthusiastically buying as many of the Porsche monthlies as I can lay my hands on.

The thing is - and I know this may be a tad heretical - don't you get a little bit bored of reading these things? I mean, the articles on owning and buying the cars are generally great, but there is only so much glowing praise for a car and a marque I can take before it actually starts to grate a little.

In this month's GTPP you've got articles extolling the wonders and virtues of the 996 GT3 & RS, Boxster and Boxster S, to name a few. Ok, they might give the nod this way rather than that, but there's never much actual critique in the writing. I subscribe to EVO which, has its dull patches, but generally has top quality photography AND critical writing.

I'll probably continue to buy the mags, at least until I find 'my car', but I'd be interested to poll other Porschaphiles thinking on this....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25018

i dont like GTPP - 911&PW is much better me thinks. A Once a month "fix" is ok for me.

I also get Evo and rate it v highly.

Used to get Motorsport, but stoppped it last year - got a bit fed up reading about "vintage" cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25030

I find both magazines a bit OTT at times, but particularly 911&PW with its endless praise of the lowly 944 as a supercar.

Have you driven a 944 lately?? The performance is average by today's standards at best. What are they going on about?? :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25152

944 was a great car in its day, you've got to remember it was designed a long time ago, and of course it won't compare with new cars today, and neither will a 911 of similar vintage.

944 was the most reliable Porsche I ever owned, did 60k miles in it during my ownership and the only thing to ever go wrong was the battery, sold it eventually with about 120k miles on the clock.

911&PW is a good read, not so sure about GT though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25176

Should be a review of 911uk in GTPP this or next month... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25177

Phil - whats with the fersale.co.uk ??? Admin has sold out - traitor !!!! :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25198

...LOL!

Never put all your eggs in one basket :D

..Loti.co.uk coming soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25201

it just gets worse - :twisted:

When is Lexi.co.uk coming?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25202

That domain is already taken Warren :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25203

lol - thats a shame !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25204

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 06 March 2005

Should be a review of 911uk in GTPP this or next month... :D
They certainly liked it Phil! Nice one.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25329

I must grab a copy then!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25330

Could someone send me a scanned copy of the GTPP article? or post it in here?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25331

I will try.....

Simon
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911ukcompressed.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25360

We are famous!! 8)

Thanks Phil for providing this place. (doffs cap in respect).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25362

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back