Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche launches 911 Targa 4

smtk

Paul Ricard
Porsche has launched the Targa variants of the 911 Carrera. For the first time, according to Porsche, the Targa models will be available with permanent all-wheel drive and a body that is 44mm wider at the rear.

As with the 996, the 997 Targas feature a large glass roof and folding rear window. The Targa 4 is powered by the familiar flat-six engine, delivering 325 bhp power from its 3.6 litres. It accelerates the car from 0 to 62mph in 5.3 seconds while the 3.8-litre S produces 355bhp and a 0-62mph of 4.9 seconds.

The rest can be read here and pictures

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66898

Looks well...

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66899

997 only as a 4wd...........

interesting choice by porsche

but at least it gets the better 3.8l engine

2060717.010.mini5L.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66931

Looks very well, like the chrome on the edge of the window.

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66934

Probably just being stupid here but what's the point of the hatchback boot style operation of the rear window?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66962

Will... "DER" ... Its for the rear ejector seat!!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66963

Cool, can I retro fit one to a 964 for my girlfriend?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66964

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Will G-J on 18 July 2006

Probably just being stupid here but what's the point of the hatchback boot style operation of the rear window?
does that mean it's a 3 door hatchback then ? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67018

Dowhh, they stole that 'Brouchaide Gold' colour from Pug for the OPC web pics but it still looks Gaw-geous when the sun is shining!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67039

I got a natty brochure in the post this morning from OPC Solihull, who presumably have me logged as a Targa-ist.

Looks very nice indeed. But £70k for the 4, £77k for the 4s :eek:
Saying that, that's not a lot more than an XK Convertible. Mass-produced cars are so expensive now...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67051

From the top it looks nice - just like a Cayman :wink:

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67054

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back