Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche HQ Relocate

Is that it? Are you going to tell us anymore about this? Don't be shy now!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85814

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Graham Johnson on 28 October 2006

Porsche GB is to relocate to Silverstone.
I was talking to the Porsche GB Press Officer last night and he didn't mention it! :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85944

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 October 2006

Previous poster said:

I was talking to the Porsche GB Press Officer last night and he didn't mention it! :?
ooh, hob knobbing with the high and mighty then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85968

Makes sense really... silverstone would be more central for shunting cars about to dealers etc.

Maybe they are setting up a distribution centre there, but maintaining the office at Reading.

After all, bit of an ask for all the staff to have to commute up there...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85987

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 29 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 October 2006

Previous poster said:

ooh, hob knobbing with the high and mighty then?
Not really - we used to live next to eachother - were at the wedding of one of the neighbours. Useful to know people in high places though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86029

Hi,

Porsche have probably looked at what MB have achieved at Brooklands. By attaching themselves to a circuit
with heritage
this will bring additional untold benefits and prestige to the marque. Porsche is after all a "sports car" manufacture with it's own wealth of heritage, it now makes a lot of sense. Silverstone is more central, it now has finally sorted out logistics of transport movement and Porsche with the growth in vehicle sales year on year do have a problem with their present site, it's becoming too small.

Only my opinion........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86030

noooo - having Porsche GB in Reading was the only thing that made the place cool - (apart from RobertB living nearby as well) :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86034

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 30 October 2006

noooo - having Porsche GB in Reading was the only thing that made the place cool - (apart from RobertB living nearby as well) :wink:
Tis true... the big Porsche sign always lends much needed glamour to Reading as you head along the M4...

Especially as I am now probably slightly closer to Oxford now (or maybe that is just the poxy Reading traffic...)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86724

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back