Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Health Check

monet100

Trainee
Took my car to the OPC today for a health check, to see if they would find anything that needs doing. Sat there for a couple of hours nervously.

They found all 6 downpipe bolts are corroding on the exhaust, they marked this as amber, and would charge £324
Both rear tyres Bridgestone Potenza's outer 4mm, middle 4mm, inner 3mm, they marked this as red, and would charge £301.24 each fitted.

That's all they found, I thought I got off lightley. They even gave the car a wash and a hoover and I din't have to get my wallet out.

You could probably get by with the bolts as they are for another 6 months before forking out, but I would change the tyres immediately. I had a similar result recently when I took mine for a health check (the vacuum and wash are part of the service).

Both my rear tyres required replacing. After obtaining various quotes I went with Black Circles and found a pair of Pirelli P Rosso N1 fitted for £567. It was very simple, and the cheapest price. You could ask OPC for a price match.

911_AS said:
You could probably get by with the bolts as they are for another 6 months before ***** out, but I would change the tyres immediately. I had a similar result recently when I took mine for a health check (the vacuum and wash are part of the service).

Both my rear tyres required replacing. After obtaining various quotes I went with Black Circles and found a pair of Pirelli P Rosso N1 fitted for £567. It was very simple, and the cheapest price. You could ask OPC for a price match.

I was going to see if I can get away with the tyres for a bit longer, and look at replacing the 4. The fronts are 6mm outer, 6mm middle and 5mm inner. If I just replace the rears with the Bridgestones then I am stuck with Bridgestone tyres. I would have liked to look into which tyres would be the best for the money.

Are the Bridgestones about as good as you can get,? The michelin Pilot sports get a better rating for noise etc. The other thing that concerns me is getting the correct N rating tyre, I do not know where to look to ensure they are N rated.

Most of the sites that sell them will specify N somewhere in the spec if they are N-rated; blackcircles, mytyres, kwikfit all do.
Most sites will allow a reg number search too which should bring up your n-rated options.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back