Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Education

Parts

Banned
Just a suggestion but would anyone else be interested in this:

Get an expert to come to one of our houses and do a brief inspection on a few of our cars explaining what to look for when by Porsche's of different ages. ENgine, brakes, bodywork - obvious stuff that would allow us better screen the cars we are looking at.

Some of us seem to know more than others about what to look for - I seem to know nothing in comparison. I think it could be really educational. Alternatively - is there anyone on here who could educate us for a few beers - we would obviously combine this event with a trip to the pub!

Thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86204

I'll certainly be up for it. Even though we won't be taking the place of a professional we can at least weed out the obvious nasies.

Who's got the biggest house then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86214

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 30 October 2006

I'll certainly be up for it. Even though we won't be taking the place of a professional we can at least weed out the obvious nasies.

Who's got the biggest house then?
More like who's got the biggest garage!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86215

But Wales is a long way to go for a lecture! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86217

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 30 October 2006

But Wales is a long way to go for a lecture! :wink:
Surely one of us is richer than Daz! We could always do this at a hotel though. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86220

Great Idea.

The best place to do this would be at a friendly Indie after hours. Get some catering in (good for us and makes it worthwhile for the Indie) as would a small fee to cover renting the venue. Make it a bit like a workshop, get people to talk about thier experiences and what they have found and then go look at each others cars.

I am sure some of the experts on here could help out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86222

That is a really good idea. I know less than s**t when it comes to the technical stuff, and some of you guys really know your s**t.

Sadly I don't think I have the biggest house, but I do live in central London and have an underground car park if that's any use.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86225

That's a good idea Sean.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86226

A garage would defo be a good idea with the esp with the use of a ramp. May be some of the mechanics can chip in for a few beer?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86228

do you think henry would be interested? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86234

As long as we don't check the milage! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86240

Autobahn are in the middle for most people. And then I can ask where the f**k my options plate has gone :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86241

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bud Fox on 30 October 2006

Autobahn are in the middle for most people. And then I can ask where the f**k my options plate has gone :wink:
Would be good to go somewhere where we can get tipsy afterwards - Coventry would not be top of my list!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86242

Autofarm are usually up for this sort of thing too.......
If you can get a group together - I don't mind approaching them ?

Maybe if we pay for a winter check (not much) then they would be more forthcoming to a tricks of the trade talk - and they are well versed on the pre1990, 964, 993 as well as the watercooled's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86255

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 30 October 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bud Fox on 30 October 2006Autobahn are in the middle for most people. And then I can ask where the f**k my options plate has gone :wink:
Would be good to go somewhere where we can get tipsy afterwards - Coventry would not be top of my list![/i:lqHU90REtD]
Coventry wouldn't be the top of my list either, but if we're all taking our cars we can't go boozing anyway! :( :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86261

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back