Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Driver Training?

colintinto

Hi All,

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Porsche offered a driver training day to new owners. Does anyone know if it only applies if you buy a new car from a dealer, or is it open to second hand buyers?

Anyone been on it?

I know about the 'Can you handle it' currently advertised here, but would like to find out what else is out there.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4265

I would be interested in finding somewhere in Scotland that could provide some instruction, only I can only think of Knockhill and Crail neither of whom I have contacted yet.

I'm seriously short of free time at the moment but will try and contact them at some point.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4280

I've been round Knockhill 100's of times, mostly in Subaru's, but also in a few different Lotus's, and I've done their 'Racing driver' course and gone round in a single seater. I've been round with an instructor in my Impreza 22b, and it's amazing the difference a few pointers can make.

Crail is fun too, but the surface is very rough and it kills your tyres, and it breaks up, making stone chips a problem too.

I was hoping to find somewhere that has an area where getting it wrong wouldn't be a problem. And having instructors who know how to get the best out a Porsche would be useful too.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4311

Yep thats exactly the kind of thing I am after also, someone who knows the car well enough to help someone who doesn't!

Not keen on stone chips on track - high speed missiles

If you can think of somewhere within reasonable range I'd definately be interested to hear about it!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4334

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacific7174
Back