Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 997 C2S tidy up

Zantaz

....Thought I'd share a few pictures of my 997 after I gave it clean, clay, polish, cleanse & wax using the Zymol Glasur kit my father bought me for Christmas. I normally use Zaino as for the price I don't think you can beat it so it was refreshing change to use something different.

It's the first time I've used Zymol and I'm thoroughly impressed with it's ease of use. I've seen various posts on the internet suggesting HD Cleanse and the wax can be a pain to remove after application but I had no problems.

I also bought a different branded product that restored my exterior plastic trim between my front windscreen and bonnet. It was looking tired and the turnaround is pleasing.

Zymol1_zps65c5f040.jpg

Zymol_zpsa6e08765.jpg

Trim Before

1before_zps6ddbb685.jpg

Trim During

1before1_zps5c5f8f7b.jpg

Trim After

1before2_zps8a95e955.jpg

Car looks great, nothing better than black when it's freshly waxed, out of intrest, what's the product used on the trim?

Cheers dude :thumb:

I've tried lots of trim products but this is the easiest to apply. It's called gtechniq c4 permanent trim restorer.

Nice one looks fab, black looks great but then I would be bias, looks like you got it done just before the snow comes, we are having our second lot up in South Yorks. Keep up the good work :thumb:

Looking good, always rewarding jobs like that. ATB :thumb:

Superb work, I'm currently machine polishing mine at the moment.
I used 'Iron X' at the weekend on the G/F's Mini Convertible; what a product.
The car had never been clayed before so throught Iron X first then clay.
It was a good decision, the paint work and wheels turned immediately purple, an indication the car was covered in fall out etc.
I then moved onto claying the car and with the work Iron X had done it was a breeze. The clay was still slightly dirty but not as bad as if I hadn't of used Iron X.
:thumb:

michelin said:
Superb work, I'm currently machine polishing mine at the moment.
I used 'Iron X' at the weekend on the G/F's Mini Convertible; what a product.
The car had never been clayed before so throught Iron X first then clay.
It was a good decision, the paint work and wheels turned immediately purple, an indication the car was covered in fall out etc.
I then moved onto claying the car and with the work Iron X had done it was a breeze. The clay was still slightly dirty but not as bad as if I hadn't of used Iron X.

I've heard about Iron X but never tried it. Looks as though I'll need to add that to the shopping basket in future :thumb:

Looks lovely mate!

All the Zymol stuff is a doddle to use. Generally you'll find the people that complain about it being hard to remove are those that apply it far too thick :)

Looks very nice!

Clark_PB said:
Looks lovely mate!

All the Zymol stuff is a doddle to use. Generally you'll find the people that complain about it being hard to remove are those that apply it far too thick :)

That would make complete sense. I remember the same thing being said about Prime, probably for the same reason you just mentioned. Again, I never experienced it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back