Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 965/969 ???

Thanks for sharing that Luddite ....... very interesting ....... one thing I haven't heard before was the 959 being referred to by the nickname of "the goat" ...... anyone know the reason for this nickname?

madalaa said:
Thanks for sharing that Luddite ....... very interesting ....... one thing I haven't heard before was the 959 being referred to by the nickname of "the goat" ...... anyone know the reason for this nickname?

Is it because it eats everything?

It's Lee Sibley using a 21st Century acronym - not something that Porsche would have used at the time.

The goat = The 'greatest of all time'

Thanks Terry ...... one learns something new every day ........ :thumb:

I`m pleased that you found interest in the vid Madalaa...Thanks for the goat explanation Terry.. I was thinking mountain goat capabilities relating to 4WD.. :oops:

G.O.A.T. an export from across the pond, an expression adored by those that can only deal in hyperbole; sports jocks and tabloid headline writers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back