Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 Story

manek

Montreal
Well, I'm halfway through reading this book (publisher: Haynes) and I have to say that it's exactly what I want to know about the 911: how it developed and what's going on under the -- er -- bonnet. A thoroughly enjoyable and informative read. I'd recommend it for those rain-soaked afternoons (like today).

Of course, I've just discovered as a newbie 993 owner -- many of you have probably already read it or earlier editions.

if(Document.layers){Document.captureevents(event.MOUSEUP);}Document.onmouseup=PrxOMUp;

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5563

Is that the Paul Frere book?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5564

Yes -- of course I should have mentioned the author! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5565

It is a great reference book but a little heavy going in places. The inner-workings of a 901 gearbox are not that interesting to me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5566

Know what you mean but what I find fascinating is the info on how the cars developed, which gives insight into the thought processes that went into making the cars what they are. I mean the thoroughness, attention to detail, and the way that Porsche is continually seeking improvements in performance and reliability.

But then, my last car was a TVR...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5567

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back