Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poggipolini Titanium lug bolts

DucatiGary

I have a set of these coming, just wondering if anyone else has them and if so what torques do you tighten them to ?

one would assume to the same OEM requirements :?:

Can I ask where you got these from and how much they were. I am thinking about getting some from the USA.

Pip

Ps. torque to 130nm for 996 GT3 and I assume other variants are similar or the same.

Pip

Well I thought I would post up a couple of pictures of my lovely new titanium wheel bolts. I should have taken a before picture to really do them justice but hey ho.

I got them from Maxspeed - http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com to whom I am not affiliated but were/are doing a special offer on the price at the time.

They look great and save weight too. Hopefully these will not rust.

Pip

Attachments

• 20131229_ti_nuts_i_725.jpg
    20131229_ti_nuts_i_725.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 2,224
  • 20131229_ti_nuts_a_125.jpg
    20131229_ti_nuts_a_125.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 2,224
Lovely, I will be getting some of these, but not till after ive bought some power adders !!!!

wfarrell said:
make sure you don't use any cadmium plated tools near those Ti bad boys - it will literally rot the Ti material structure

http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/corrosion/ticad.htm

Will

Interesting, I will bear it in mind. Are many tools made of or covered in Cadmium - ? Saying that though having Cadmium in the wheels would be the real killer as I read that more in terms of constant contact - Cadmium/Titanium so that infusion can take place.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back