Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Please help with coolant loss C4 996

RouseSport

Hello, I need some help with coolant loss from a pipe in the middle of the car. Its a plastic pipe (see pics) and when I fill the vehicle with coolant through the header tank it obviously circulates the engine and then comes straight out the pipe underneath - very strange as it looks like its supposed to be connected to another pipe.

Attachments

• coolant_pipe_177.jpg
    coolant_pipe_177.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 610
That looks like the air con condensate drain. If it is coolant coming out (should feel distinctly different to water - sort of slippery / slimy between your fingers) I suspect the heater matrix and this would be the first thing I would check out if it were my car.

Thank you very much for the information. I just thought it was very strange for the coolant to come out there if the matrix had failed as it literally drains the engine coolant in a matter of minutes. Ill change the matrix and go from there I think. Appreciate your help. Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Z102B
Back