Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pitted headlights

Jason Taylor

V pleased with my new acquisition, apart from the headlights which are pitted off motorway miles, is there any process to remedy or is it a case of replacing the unit as a whole, any advice appreciated

What vehicle is it?

Glass or Perspex headlamps?

Glass = replacement
Perspex = G3 or similar cutting and polishing compound and mop (if really bad: wet and dry first :eek: )

its a 997 turbo, perspex i think, wouldnt be too confident of doing this myself, would a body shop be able?

Yep, or a detailer (almost all do a quick buff of the plastics to bring up a nice shine because the plastic surface hazes and fatigues in the sun)

It you pop them out the wings, you could just gently buff them up on the kitchen table*

*Probably safest to make sure that it's the weekend the other-half is away at that Groupon 85% off Spa retreat you bought her for Christmas, you cheapskate!

GT4 said:
Yep, or a detailer (almost all do a quick buff of the plastics to bring up a nice shine because the plastic surface hazes and fatigues in the sun)

It you pop them out the wings, you could just gently buff them up on the kitchen table*

I think I will entrust them to a body shop, I don't think this is one I fancy taking on myself, thanks for the advice

*Probably safest to make sure that it's the weekend the other-half is away at that Groupon 85% off Spa retreat you bought her for Christmas, you cheapskate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back