Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PIC PIC PIC! I just daren't do it! .........I DID IT !!!!!!!

Linda

I was looking at my car (which was facing me) while waiting to pay for petrol this morning and realised that half the reason I look at 997s is because I hate the amber indicators within the headlamps on mine.

I have the type where I could do an "amerectomy" with a soldering (which I have) but I just daren't do it :damn:

Where are you based? I've got more adventurous with taking things apart knowing I've got some knowledgeable people I can fall back on if I get stuck...

I have had similar thoughts though i am ok with the looks now - i did wonder how daft would it look with a black line seperating and following the oval of the headlight from the remaining lights in the cluster - about the width of the seal strip round the edge. this could make it look like the headlight is one oval unti and the side/indicator as another

Probably daft :)

15.jpg

GT4 said:

Those are nice ^^^ Would improve the front end of almost any 996.1 imo.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
GT4 said:

~ Maxie

+1 and 996.2's BUT ............... have you seen the price :?: :eek:

I did it!

Spent an hour and it was done.

Really pleased-if in doubt, do it.

If a fat pork sausage fingered gimp like me can do it, anyone can :mrgreen:

A company called Strosek do them as well. Expensive for a couple of pieces of formed plastic but really give it a 997 look.

I also wondered about MOT implications as the headlight beams and indicators must be obscured.

Any beam vignetting is negligible (if at all).

All the beam goodness is in the middle (and even if cropped, is not diverged)

There is no stipulation on the "size" of the beam, just it's direction and kick-up.

T8996C4 said:
Maxie said:
GT4 said:

~ Maxie

+1 and 996.2's BUT ............... have you seen the price :?: :eek:

That does look alright. For purely test purposes, I wonder if you can get some vinyl and cut some holes in it to see what it would look like before purchasing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back