Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Photos from Goodwood

Wow, some really fantastic shots there !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6171

- wow -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6183

Great photos. I love this one, but what is it?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/what_is_this.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6186

...exhaust manifold :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6188

yup, it's an exhaust. The high temperatures turn the metal into some fantasric colours - not really sure about the science of it. The car I think is an early indy car - a Jim Robbins Special - perhaps an Offenhauser. Here's another image of it...

http://www.pbase.com/image/19129138

Glad you liked the photos everyone - thanks for the comments.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6200

...sorely tempted to go out and buy a coolpix 5700 after seeing your photos, though I suspect there's a little more to it than point and shoot!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6202

I got almost equally good ones with my 990 and agfa 1280 before that - they were just smaller. Here's a few tips to getting the most out of any digital camera...

Use it for what it's good at - they're much better at close ups than fast moving cars in the distance on a track.

Spend some time with an image editing program cropping, straightening horizons and adjusting the levels (contrast) - it'll make a world of difference.

Have plenty of storage and spare batteries.

Because you have no worries about storage, film costs etc take loads, experiment, go wild. When you get home you'll throw lots away but you'll end up with some images you'd never have dreamed of taking with your SLR.

That's pretty much it - hope it helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6204

Thanks for the tips Stefan :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6206

how do you get images to upload here - make them smaller?/ how?/!!

im an ex pro used to real film ----sorry!! :(

chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10179

Chris. Assuming you have digital copies of your photos already you need to size them in whatever photo editing software you use. Typically the resize function will be under the "Image" menu. Try reducing them to something like 25% of their original size and when you re-save them you then need to change the jpeg save options to compress about 25%. Send me a PM if this is still unclear.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10182

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul J
Back