Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phone Holders

cliffbase

Monza
Who uses what?

Currently have a Belkin vent type jobbie on the centre vents but interested to see what others use...

iOttie Easy One Touch 5 (Amazon, £23) mounted bottom right of screen so phone sits just about 2pm on steering wheel and can be touched without removing hand from wheel.

Like the spring mounted attachment and wireless charging. The arm isn't great but the way it mounts on my screen it rests on dash so zero wobble. Have experimented with almost every conceivable location and keep coming back to this as it's just so much more convenient.

Also, when first one broke I emailed iOttie to whine and they sent me a new one (from USA!) at no charge. They've changed the design to remove the weak point that broke, so I guess they knew it was a design fault.

Never got on with vent mounts. Always swore by Brodit (their proper dash mounting system - not vent mount - is by far the best if you fit it correctly), but then had one that continually trashed screen protector, so gave up.

I use a Rennline magnetic mount, fits around your clock and is rock solid. You need to stick a flat metal plate to the back of your phone to use it, unless your phone has one built in (iPhone 12 or newer I think). The down side is the cost, around £75 ish.

You can also get one that wirelessly charges too.

Attachments

• dcfd2384_fabb_45cc_837f_ae13c495c18a_342.jpeg
    dcfd2384_fabb_45cc_837f_ae13c495c18a_342.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 2,741
+1 for the rennline exact fit, expensive but unobtrusive and it works. i also have one in my 997.

Brodit dashmount option for me, works perfectly

+1 for the Rennline Exactfit.

thesmithsUK said:
+1 for the Rennline Exactfit.

Sounds good. Picture shows left hand drive. Does it work OK on the right?

Where do you get these?

Cheers I just watched the video on the link and I definitely need to get one of those. Do I have to order it from the States though or can I get one in the UK?

A993LAD said:
C Do I have to order it from the States though or can I get one in the UK?
Yes, I ordered it direct from the US. No issues and it arrived in a few days and no problems with duty or VAT

Fen line in y 964, except I modified it owing the magnetic pad and replacing it with a Belkin clamp mech instead ( because I have a case on my iPhone that also stores my credit card so the magnetic mount was no good )

Thanks Chaps, the Rennline one does look good, presumably it would fit around the fuel guage guage(?!) too if i wanted it on the left (on my RHD car).

Cheers.

cliffbase said:
Thanks Chaps, the Rennline one does look good, presumably it would fit around the fuel guage guage(?!) too if i wanted it on the left (on my RHD car).

Cheers.

That's correct, the RHD version will give you the required angle to push the phone to the left just below of the dial.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back