Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Performance Friction pads and sensors

spyderman

I'm having PF06 pads fitted to my Boxster but it appears the pads don't have a hole to fit the wear sensors. Had anyone found a way around this? Or do you simply not bother with sensors?

Chris #88

Run mine without sensors. Use the old cables to fool the computer that sensors are attached so no light on dash, by looping the 2 wires together.

Thanks guys. Problem I have now is that they're squealing like crazy - don't think I can tolerate them they're that bad. Haven't had a chance to do any really heavy stops with them yet - but does anyone know if they will shut up?! The fitting garage (Deutsch Tech in Wolverton, who are PF dealers) rang PF who suggested greasing the back of the pads - but this made no difference.

Chris #88.

Cunno said:
Run mine without sensors. Use the old cables to fool the computer that sensors are attached so no light on dash, by looping the 2 wires together.

I just unplugged them ... no need for twisting wires or any special treatment. No errors and all cool :thumb:

spyderman said:
Thanks guys. Problem I have now is that they're squealing like crazy - don't think I can tolerate them they're that bad. Haven't had a chance to do any really heavy stops with them yet - but does anyone know if they will shut up?! The fitting garage (Deutsch Tech in Wolverton, who are PF dealers) rang PF who suggested greasing the back of the pads - but this made no difference.

Chris #88.

You will have to complete the breaking in ( burnashing ) process to get some pad material transferred to the discs. In my experience the harder you push them the better they will be in the long run. Get them smoking hot ... literally ! Then allow to cool. :thumb:

have you fitted bunch of these:

rear_brake.jpg

Yep - new ones front and back.

I managed to give the new pads a hard workout today, braking hard from around 80 to 20 about 5 times plus some other slower but equally as aggressive almost-stops. Didn't get the discs smoking but a lot of heat was coming off them when I got home. But they're still squealing at low speeds.

I might still do Silverstone next Saturday with them but that will be their last chance.

They are noticeably more grabby than the Textars - you certainly know you've made a change! But I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone now.

Used them 3 times now, no issues with squealing, some at first but goes after some heat cycles. My next set will be PF06 I'm pretty certain. Take them to Silverstone and then see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chimp
Back