Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Perez looks set to leave Mclaren

wizard993

Donnington
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...sergio-perez-might-not-be-retained-by-mclaren

....bags of sponsorship money may temp other teams but not anymore at McLaren.

With Maldonado and now Perez going there is a lot of £backing around which may still temp some of the smaller teams.......just not so much driving talent to go with it.

Button has scored nearly double in terms of driver points.........enough said.

IMHO this is good for everyone. He is not a slow driver but his race craft doesn't seem to be where it ought to be and I don't think that he brings anything except money to McLaren. He will never be world champion (again just my humble opinion) so really belongs in a team that needs enough speed to get some occasional camera time but more importantly brings money to develop the car. I reckon that he is a good fit for a seat at Sauber or Force India - he has enough ability to deserve to remain in F1 for at least another year and is not devoid of potential to get better.

I do think it a shame that those years of service in the simulator and testing will never get Gary Paffett a sniff of a race seat though.

wizard993 said:
Button has scored nearly double in terms of driver points.........enough said.

Regardless of the car it has been a poorer season by Button

And just scoring double of Perex is hardly a bench mark when it should be been closer to the sharper end of the championship table

World class drivers out perform their cars when the team has a bad year, as Alonso has done in the Fezza, Button should have at least been a few steps higher

Cars and tyres have never had such an influence as they do now. I think any driver who finishes more than 30% behind a team mate in terms of points has a lot less talent(unless other factors play a part)

Sauber being another example of a great driver vs a mediocre one.

wizard993 said:
Sauber being another example of a great driver vs a mediocre one.

Now's that a great example with Hulkenberg punching well above his weight.

His duel with Hamilton was the highlight of the Korean GP :thumb:

I haven't seen Button doing that at all this season, even in a one off race. :dont know:

...Well if talent counted for anything...how unlucky was Hulkenberg with
the 2014 Ferrari drive... ? :roll:

..then Kimi strolls back in...

Lotus are taking a lot of time to confirm Hulkenberg....are they waiting on Maldonado or Perez with all that dosh perhaps :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back