Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Sat Nav coordinates frozen! Help

kench

:sad: :sad:

Took the car out for a drive today to clear the cobwebs.

Drove about 4 mins in then the GPS location froze! I have tried turning off the engine then back again, no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Disconnect and reconnect the battery? Just a guess but remember to leave the key in position 1

Resolved!

Read on some forum to hold down the 148 and then drive for about 10miles to allow the GPS to latch on.

All working now. I am a happy chappy.

Speaking of which i had a good drive in the country today, by goodness, this car is so capable.... first time since i had it when i put on the sport mode. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

So much fun! So so much fun :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can see why 911s get under your skin...

Glad you're having fun. I was going to suggest going through the menu options and selecting 'reset all'. I used to have this freezing on my 996 and the reset-all function cleared the frozen maps.

~ Maxie

I went through ALL the factory reset options etc but no joy. The 148 reset worked a treat.

It seems so silly that porsche spends so much money on R&D on the car and just cuts corners on the sat nav etc.

My good old honda 2004 sat nav works better than the pCM 2.1

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back