Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 3.0 upgrade on 997 GenII, possible?

keef_c4s

I've recently purchased my first Porsche, a 997 gen II (PCM 3.0), and I'm loving the car!

I assumed I could stream music from my iphone via Bluetooth and play it through the PCM system. I looked on line and found a video of how to do this but one of the comments said it required version 3.1 to achieve this.

Does anybody know if this is true?

Is the 3.1 upgrade simply a software upgrade?

If it can be upgraded does anybody know the approximate cost?
Extremely thankful for any advice.
:thumb:

Sounds like a firmware update in which case yes it can be upgraded. However I am unfamiliar with PCM 3.1 - would this be the version fitted in the current type 991?

~ Maxie

Only available on 991.

It needs to be updated with an A2DP patch that enables music streaming. I believe mobile phones don't need this hence they work fine.

Use an old iphone on iCloud like some of us. Set it to auto update that way evertime you get home it logs on to your wifi network and updates.

Thanks very much for all the info. I've had a look at the ViseeO Tune2Air which looks like it's going to do everything I need (play iPhone music wirelessly), ordered one and will try to remember to post a reply once it's in and working :worship:
Keith

ViseeO Tune2Air arrived yesterday and it's in. Took a few times to sync with my iPhone but now works. Small unit (size of ipod nano) connects to lead in centre console. I can now stream music from my phone via PCM 3.0. I control all the music via the ipod selection on the PCM menu so its all good. No problems with volume control as reported on a couple of other fora. At £50 from ebay its a bargain.

Thanks All
Keith

Took the plunge £63 delivered on amazon was the cheapest I could find.

It works a treat I don't have any drop in volume so long as my iphone volume is turned up.

Took 15 seconds to plug in and pair with my iphone. Also had no issue with making calls for which it goes straight to the PCM.

To sum this little device up in one word - Awesome!

new update with mapping and 7 digit postcode is now available from Porsche and not at the usual rip off prices... :thumbs:

Just called Hatfield £175 for disc + 30mins labour.

Should make it so much easier.

Discs on back order and it's only been released this week.

garyw said:
new update with mapping and 7 digit postcode is now available from Porsche and not at the usual rip off prices... :thumbs:

Tell me more! Is this update for all 997 gen 2's with PCM 3.0?

How much are we talking?

Should be £149+VAT according to one knowledgeable chap on PCGB, not sure why Hatfield are now charging more.

Ekona said:
Should be £149+VAT according to one knowledgeable chap on PCGB, not sure why Hatfield are now charging more.
Can you buy the DVD and do it yourself?

No idea. They probably won't sell you the disc itself, as the PCM3 is HDD-based so you'd never need the disc after the first update.

As Ekona said, £149 all in, just had it confirmed by OPC Cardiff. Takes all day accordng to them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back