Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2

flog

My pcm 2 looks like its dead, sent for repair and has come back unrepairable.
So if any one has one I'd really appreciate a message!

Does anyone know if a 997 pcm 2.1 would work as there seems to be more of these than the straight 2's? :?: :?:

Desperate for advice..... Thank you

I'm pretty certain PCM2.1/PCM3 has different connections :(

997 type PCM's will not plug and play in a 996.

You will struggle to find a used PCM 2 in reliable working condition due to their age, and to be honest they are not very good anyway.

Much quicker, and cost effective to replace with aftermarket ICE that has everything we now expect from a modern system, but keep the PCM unit to pass on to the next owner, I can't see anyone ever wanting to re-fit it though.

Mine has an Alpine IVA-W505R fitted and it is excellent, normal stuff and sat nav, Bluetooth phone and music, iPod connection. Works really well and looks good too. Was there when I got the car so can't comment on price and how to install. Massive improvement on PCM I think.

Having searched most of the World Wide Web it does look like they don't come up very often and the retro fit may be the way to go, I'll have a look at the Alpine lofi, but anyone else have any suggestions please list, plus the ones to avoid as well.
Thanks all

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveW56
Back