Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2

panther911

When was the pcm 2 intoroduced..assuming I have 2 (2002 996).. what is the most recent CD for the UK?

P.

PS.. How do i Know if i have a tracker...where would it be installed?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18275

Hi, i don't know about the PCM but i do know that if you phone tracker and give them the vin they will tell you if that vehicle has had one fitted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18277

I think PCM 2 was introduced at the same time as MOST bus wiring; so around 08/2002.

You can tell the difference between PCM 1 and 2 by the numbered buttons on the left-hand side of the screen. If they are two across, then it's PCM 1, if three across, then it's PCM 2.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18324

... and if you have PCM1 (as I do) I think that the manufacturer stopped doing the discs, so you can't get a new disc with updated maps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18471

What is the last year for discs for PCM1 ?
Getting a car with PCM1, not sure if it will have any discs.
If it doesn't or if they are pre-2001, is there at least a 2002 or 2003 set ?

I find it pretty poor form to drop support for systems in cars which are still fairly current and can still be covered by Porsche extended warranty.
No wonder this kind of option doesn't really attract much premium on a used car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18538

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by panther911 on 20 September 2004

PS.. How do i Know if i have a tracker...where would it be installed?
anyway ! literally ... otherwise car criminals would just take 'em out !

ask tracker directly and they might have you car on their database.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18540

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back