Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCCBs no longer an option except for Turbo, Turbo S and GT3?

isysman

Daytona
Gents,

Just opened my old 718 Spyder configuration into the Porsche site and it doesn't show PCCBs as an option any longer. Have they pulled it or is it just removed whilst this shortage of... everything is going on?

I also checked the new GT4RS config and I couldn't find an option in there either for PCCBs. I thought it might be in the Weissach package but not according to the description.

EDIT
Just checked 992 GT3 and no option there either. Perhaps they moved it but I can't find it anywhere. It's usually in Drivetrain and chassis.

I couldn't see any either. Strange not to have it :what:

Maybe a temp issue to stop cars being held up in build process?

Looks to me like it is being phased out completely. A quick look reveals that firstly it has gone from the German site as well as the international ones (it isn't unprecedented for options to show up only on the German configurator) and secondly it has gone from almost every model. Only models where it is standard have PCCB (generally the Turbo S flavours) with the only exception that I can see being that the option remains on the Taycan Turbo. Other than that : gone.

:?:

Disco said:
Looks to me like it is being phased out completely. A quick look reveals that firstly it has gone from the German site as well as the international ones (it isn't unprecedented for options to show up only on the German configurator) and secondly it has gone from almost every model. Only models where it is standard have PCCB (generally the Turbo S flavours) with the only exception that I can see being that the option remains on the Taycan Turbo. Other than that : gone.

:?:

I can't imagine it's a permanent thing, they are so popular. I'm glad I got my car before anyway! Maybe my car will be more valuable now! Haha

I have to admit PCCB's are bloody good! :D

Seconded! Their stopping power is definitely noticeable, and lets not forget the huge added bonus of zero brake dust. :)

Re: PCCBs no longer an option on new Porsche cars?

isysman said:
Gents,

Just opened my old 718 Spyder configuration into the Porsche site and it doesn't show PCCBs as an option any longer. Have they pulled it or is it just removed whilst this shortage of... everything is going on?

I also checked the new GT4RS config and I couldn't find an option in there either for PCCBs. I thought it might be in the Weissach package but not according to the description.

EDIT
Just checked 992 GT3 and no option there either. Perhaps they moved it but I can't find it anywhere. It's usually in Drivetrain and chassis.

I know a man who might know the answer to this, will check

if it's not a parts supply issue ?

official update, there are delays to PCGB supply, therefore it is at this time it is not an optional extra until these are resolved. Cars where it is standard are not impacted.

So I heard back from my the salesperson where I bought my Spyder, and the answer is they have pulled PCCBs from all models except the 911 Turbo, Turbo S and GT3.

Suspected to be because certain components are not available.

I wonder how this will affect orders already in with PCCBs specced?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back