Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parr - Crawley

Dave

Dropped the car off for a 12,000 mile service. brake fluid change, MOT, Geometry set up and a power test this morning. Parr have lent me a nice little Mini Cooper for the next two days which is quite fun.

However everytime the phone rings I am thinking it is going to be Parr with some bad news.

I hate Service day :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72719

Back in the day when I were a lad and at school, the coolest car in the world was a black mini cooper with blacked out windows and minilites. When Mrs Eff decided she wanted one of the new minis, or should that be MINIS, I tried to persuade her to spec it in that colour combination. Sadly she decided she wanted a green one. :(

I'd avoid answering the phone today if I were you. Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72724

Fingers crossed your wallet doesn't take too much of a battering :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72729

good luck Dave!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72736

good luck with the NOS conversion Dave !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72756

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 September 2006

good luck with the NOS conversion Dave !
The thought had crossed my mind :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72758

Have you had a call yet asking for lots more of your hard earned????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72761

Had a phone call today from someone pretending to be from Parr - Sir There appears to be a problem with your RMS and your shocks appear a little tired etc etc. There's me thinking £££. Then I thought "No one at Parr has a Welsh accent" It did have me going for a minute or so.

All I will say on the subject is "Daz you are a complete w*nker" and as for Mr Sait watch your back :D

Hopefully will get a phone call from the real Parr later today

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72923

Sorry Dave, it had to be done... Good Luck with the real phone call !! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72926

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 07 September 2006

All I will say on the subject is "Daz you are a complete w*nker" and as for Mr Sait watch your back :D

Hopefully will get a phone call from the real Parr later today
hahahahaha

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72931

Car back and running beautiful. Change from a £1000 so very happy. This is the second time I have used Parr and once again have found them to be efficient and friendly. I see no reason for me to go anywhere else in the future.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73161

Glad to hear all ended well. Although sounds expensive for minor service, how much was the geometry?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73167

£250 for Geo.

Included in the bill is £160+Vat for a coil pack

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73177

What's a coil pack? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73179

Something to do with the spark plugs, a cover of some sort? Three of the six were cracked, another very common fault on 996's and Boxsters. So I asked them just to replace the lot.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73182

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back