Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint Depth Gauge

Steve997

Spa-Francorchamps
Anyone recommend a good paint depth gauge that doesn't cost the rather?

Just amateur detailing, but good Tool to have in the box

I've got a CM 8828. Seems to be sold under a few different brand names.

TonyC911 said:
I've been contemplating getting one of these:

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/nexdiag/nexptg-standard-plus.aspx

Be good to know what you buy and how you get on with it :thumb:

This looks very good option, thanks for the link.

If you pay a little more and get the advanced model it reads a wide range with a much better resolution so maybe this is the one to get.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Pain...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Just need to find some reviews on accuracy compared to a professional tool.

Magic919 said:
I've got a CM 8828. Seems to be sold under a few different brand names.

Googled this and found it on e ay for £250 does that sound about the right price?

Thanks for the info :thumb:

I paid half that in 2007. Many years have passed, but it still sounds a bit much for a basic unit.

Mine is the CEM DT-156 and I don't think I paid more than £70.00 and I am very happy with it

Bob996 said:
Mine is the CEM DT-156 and I don't think I paid more than £70.00 and I am very happy with it

Quick Google and this looks a great bit of kit. Thanks for the info.

Where did you get it from ?

Looking at ebay and Amazon all the ones I can find are from China and I'm wondering if these are rip offs of the real thing. I know when I was buying a obd2 reader alot of the Autel units on ebay / Amazon were clones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back