Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Outside air temp sensor

Gt3Owl

Sao Paulo
Hi guys,

Mine has come loose in transition I found the sensor on the delivery truck, Do I need a new sensor or a new cable aswell? 2 wires on back if sensor

Thanks inadvance

Can you not just solder the wires back together and protect the joints with heat shrink sleeve? (remembering to put the sleeve over one of the wires first or you will be doing it twice!)

petero said:
Can you not just solder the wires back together and protect the joints with heat shrink sleeve? (remembering to put the sleeve over one of the wires first or you will be doing it twice!)

Yep, just sorted this morning, it had been repaired before with shade clips, new piece of wire and soldered joints (with shrink sleeves) All working and secure now 👍

Good job done then, should last this time :thumb:

petero said:
Good job done then, should last this time :thumb:

Yep it's a proper repair this time (fathering law did it) so FOC 🤘

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back