Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oulton Park - Tues November 07th

Fraser

Anyone from here going to be on the trackday at Oulton November 7?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87515

Not the 7th but booked myself in for the 10th Nov.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87540

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 968 Fraser on 05 November 2006

who's running the day ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87544

oh - I can just imagine the cars that turn up on a day like that. It will be chavtastic.

Very little run off on the two Oulton Park rally stages. They must have very good instructors.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87552

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 05 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 968 Fraser on 05 November 2006

who's running the day ?
HPC.org - let me know if you want more details - should be a really safe day.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87567

Have a good day Fraser....

We'll expect a full report!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87829

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 06 November 2006

Have a good day Fraser....

We'll expect a full report!
Thanks Nic ;-) Fab day, 35 cars, so loads of track and no bunching. I had lots of space to concentrate on lines, braking and balancing the car, and for the first time ever, I think, I managed the same line thru Knickerbrook for two consecutive laps.

HPC emphasise "safe" track days and driving and today was no exception - there was only one off very late in the day when someone found a tyre wall (he thought as he was on cold tyres, two laps out, and the temperature was deffo dropping) - Nic, you may well know whom, and no, it wasn't me!

Lots of Porsches there - 4 968s [common as muck, us lot], and a good variety of 911s including a '64 RS, '96 GT3, '96 Turbo and some 993s and older '11s. Also some non porker stuff that seemed to be having a good time.

Some of the most courteous trackday driving I've ever seen, don't think the marshalls had to reach for a blue flag once!

I blagged half an hour's instruction with Calum Lockie which turned out to be very....instructive, my driving afterwards was much smoother, and more progressive.

Think thats the Clubsport finished with trackwork for the year (but'cha never know) so off my mechanic it goes, possible gearbox overhaul [ouch, but can do clutch and flywheel at the same time and look at limited slip diff], new tyres, bit of leccy work, finally get the front splitter fitted and new boots all round. Can also put my new harnesses in. Means I'll have to get the 968 Sport back out of the garage, which is a bit of a BI_Igger, as I SORN'd it seven days ago - 0/10 for planning.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88111

good work... Callum is one of the best around... I so need to get up to oulton "!"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88116

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 07 November 2006

good work... Callum is one of the best around... I so need to get up to oulton "!"
Come up on Fri!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88127

Glad you had a good one Frazer. Look forward to catching up with you soon :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88130

Thanks for the support folks - would love to rag it round Oulton on Fri with y'all but think I may have trouble getting a note from Mrs Fraser.

I endorse your comments on Calum - superb teacher, clearly a great driver and a thoroughly nice chap [patient, too].

Mr K - would be good to catch up (again) soon and drool over that thar new shopping trolley you've got - when you're karting in Brum later in the month you'll only be about 5 minutes away from us if you use your warp drive. :D
Seriously tho' would be good to catch up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88133

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 968 Fraser on 07 November 2006

HPC emphasise "safe" track days and driving and today was no exception - there was only one off very late in the day when someone found a tyre wall (he thought as he was on cold tyres, two laps out, and the temperature was deffo dropping) - Nic, you may well know whom, and no, it wasn't me!
Laugh.... I nearly wet myself! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88159

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 07 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 968 Fraser on 07 November 2006

Laugh.... I nearly wet myself! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88177

Arf arf cara :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88178

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back