Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Options sticker

ste m993

Hi all, the under side of my bonnet is in need of a repaint ,but I don't want to loose the options sticker! Has any body successfully removed it and then reapplied, if so how.
Regards Steve.

ste m993 said:
Hi all, the under side of my bonnet is in need of a repaint ,but I don't want to loose the options sticker! Has any body successfully removed it and then reapplied, if so how.
Regards Steve.

Hi,

I think this has been discussed before and Porsche will not produce a new sticker for you. Perhaps you could take a high resolution picture and see if the guys at "I say ding dong" http://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/ (they did a good job on the Mobil 1 sticker) will do a one off for you.

I had my bonnet repainted a couple of years ago due to stone chips but fortunately the underside was as good as new so did not need to be repainted.

ATB :)

I can be of no help whatsoever.... but am puzzled as to why the underside needs painting? :dont know:

orangecurry said:
I can be of no help whatsoever.... but am puzzled as to why the underside needs painting? :dont know:

And if you're worried that the underside looks a little untidy - it was like that from the factory - unlacquered matt finish... at least mine is.

Hi, the reason why I wanted to paint the underside of the bonnet is that there are a few starches on there caused by previous owners

ste m993 said:
Hi, the reason why I wanted to paint the underside of the bonnet is that there are a few starches on there caused by previous owners

In that case leave the underside - not worth interfering with originality :thumb:

.....leave well alone unless there is evidence of rust.....and if there is just treat locally.

If it bugs you that much you could get one of those smart repairers out to air brush repair the various scuffs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back