Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option 033 Lowered Suspension

993john

Does anyone out there have comparative experience of the handling characteristics of an Option 033 lowered suspension 993, as compared to a standard height suspension 993? Thanks John

Ride characteristics are as per standard, just sits a bit lower. M030 is both lower and stiffer.

I'm selling a set of good condition m033 springs and dampers as it happens....

Sorry to be obtuse. You quote M030 as being lower and stiffer (than M033?).
Was this a typo, as M033 is the lowered Option? Hence, do you know if the M033 springs you have for sale are harder or softer than M030. Also, what make are the dampers? Thanks John

Both M033 + M030 give a similar drop.
Higher spring rate on M030, so its stiffer

M033 was just lowered standard suspension. Spring rates and anti roll bars were the same as standard. I believe the dampers were also. My car was fitted with this when I bought it. I can't honestly recall it handling differently to any cars with standard suspension that I drove at the time. Perhaps when pushed harder the lower CofG would come into play.

M030 ends up with the same ride height as M033, but with stiffer springs and thicker anti roll bars, plus different dampers.

I've got M033 on my 993 and I absolutely love it. Perfect ride height with 18" wheels, and sublime ride quality IMO. I can only compare to M030 on 996's and it's a totally different level of compliance, with M030 being too firm for UK roads (especially where I live). Again IMO. I've not tried M030 on 993. But for sure i wouldn't want my 993 any firmer, as it's not a track car.

Best person to speak about this is Chris @CenterGravity. He's currently in process of preparing his own branded 993 dampers, and is arguably the best qualified person on set ups for these cars.

I've got m033 shocks and springs and m030 front and rear anti roll bars... Stance is near perfect and cornering is nice and flat along with decent levels of comfort

Hi

Just to complicate matters.

I have the standard M029 springs with Bilstein dampers which have adjustable platforms, but set to M033/30 ride height.

I did this on purpose (I like a longer spring with a firmer damper), and it was set up by Chris at CG.

All the best

Berni

diddy_p said:
I've got m033 shocks and springs and m030 front and rear anti roll bars... Stance is near perfect and cornering is nice and flat along with decent levels of comfort

same combo for me, with Koni FSD, perfect(for me) compromise of comfort and handling good on track and road but need RS engine mounts in my opinion to settle the rear, particularly if using cup2 tyres.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back