Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty

AlpineGT3

I'm just about to purchase a 996.2 GT3 from an OPC, it comes with a 12 month Europe wide Porsche warranty, I'm wondering if I will be able to extend it to 24 months. Am I dangerously assuming that for the car to be eligible for it in the first place, it must be a very nice example?

That warranty will have been applied by the dealer as the Insurance backed official Porsche Warranty is only available for cars up to 14 years old at the time of taking it out.

I think you'll need to discuss any extended warranty with them directly.

Good Luck :thumb:

Among the deciding criteria for Porsche approved warranties will be age and mileage.
Porsche will not give (sell!) an approved warranty if the the car is older than fifteen years or if the mileage accrued is greater than 150k miles.

Thanks for your comments, not sure how I ended up starting a new thread but hey ho!

Yeah, it does strike me as unusual that this car, 2004 996.2 qualifies, perhaps the policy is different in Germany.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCGMS
Back