Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Spill

Simon W

I foolishly drove around with a plastic drum of Mobil oil in the boot of my car, which predictably fell over, spilling about 2litres of oil into the boot. The carpet is officially drenched.

I've scrubbed it with boiling water and fairy liquid, but it's not making much difference. Anybody know of any special product I could buy that would sort me out?

Ta.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110028

?Gunk, it might smell even worse than the oil though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110051

Dave should be along any minute, think he did something similar with his old car and managed to get it out without too many problems.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110053

I did think about Gunk. Just a bit nervous about it. But if you think it will work, I might have a go.

Thanks for response.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110061

Is Dave out there with some tips?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110111

Have you tried white spirit? I used copious amounts of it along with a lot of rags to clean up my boot carpet when an OPC kindly overfilled the brake master cylinder when changing discs and pads. The smell soon fades.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110599

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back