Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil leaks part 1 and 2 now finished ! April update

clinchy993

I have been collecting bits over the winter and with Spa on the horizon I thought I better get a move on fitting this stuff

So off with the bumper and exhausts and all the heat exchanger ducting to do the timing chain cover cover oil seals and gasket fit the new cam covers also repaint some of the tinwear and change the plugs

DSC_0002_zps693ab52b.jpg

DSC_0003_zps60e1b5e0.jpg

DSC_0006_zps8e436d2a.jpg

You can see the gasket is falling apart and the oil around those cover nuts is due to the rubber olives under those cup washers having perished

DSC_0004_zps61ab5358.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsf4e4b655.jpg

BF44FADE-FE81-4A5E-B380-173C7F94E55B-128-00000000FF38149D.jpg

Round 2 on Thursday :grin:

Nice work :thumb: they all need doing at some stage. Where did you acquire the new covers?

immensely satisfying when doing it all yourself isn't it, well done that man.

Glad you're not feeling left out, with us all taking our back ends to bits.

Do we get to see it clean, too?

I presume your just doing the lower cam covers?

PeterS said:
Glad you're not feeling left out, with us all taking our back ends to bits.

Do we get to see it clean, too?

I presume your just doing the lower cam covers?

Been there done that Pete when I got the car 18 months ago

also did the lower cam covers before but n/s is warped and going to target that rusty tinwear when its off

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Whoa those KWs look nice :worship: Looks like the engine tray tinware gets quite a bit of corrosion :pc:

:popcorn: Great stuff :thumb:

Can't wait to get our cars out together come the spring mate, they are certainly getting a good pampering at the moment!

Zingari said:
Whoa those KWs look nice :worship: Looks like the engine tray tinware gets quite a bit of corrosion :pc:

It only surface rust :eek:

Thought you might like this pic they are the Dogs bxllox

DSC_0054-1.jpg

Well I started with good intentions this morning @ 9.30 but very quickly ground to a hault becuase I did not have a long enough 18mm socket to remove engine mounts which is funny because I have changed the mounts before

So I whipped out the plugs and started cleaning up the tin-wear also I could not resist putting one of the new wheels on just to see :?: :floor:

DSC_0017-3_zps36b30770.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arv13
Back