Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil filler bellows

Mark w

Hi,

Not really a game changer this but I'm off on a road trip round wales next week and as my oil filler bellows were hanging in pieces and I didn't want to take a funnel with me (got enough stuff to take already!) and as I learnt from a previous trip to Venice, its very difficult to pour a freshly opened 1ltr bottle of oil without spilling some unless you have some kind of extension from the filler neck. Along with the silly price that these things are I thought I'd try and make them.
So using a piece of 32mm ID flexible reinforced pond tubing and the re-use of the plastic cups that were re-glued at each end of the new tube and bingo new filler bellows.

tube £6/metre (only 100mm required for bellows)
Actual cost of new bellows: £0.06 (plus a squirt of some glue I had already)

I did say it wasn't a game changer but its simple and better than the £50 to £100 I've seen them selling for.

I'll post a detailed list of the Wales road trip with photos and recommendations on paces to visit and stay when I'm back (including a photo of the expected oil top with new bellows at some stage)

Attachments

• comp3_402.jpeg
    comp3_402.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 2,356
  • comp2_104.jpeg
    comp2_104.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 2,356
  • comp1_756.jpeg
    comp1_756.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,356

New Threads

Forum statistics