Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oh dear! 911 goes swimming and attempts Water Cooling !

Ghengis

Suzuka
Hope that whoever this was is ok. Anyone from here perhaps?

Looks like the engine's flooded: Driver rescued from his sinking Porsche after crashing 160mph sports car into a dyke while reversing

The freak accident on Tuesday afternoon happened when the un-named motorist tried to reverse into a boat moored off the River Bure, and drove into the dyke instead.

article-2310965-195D05C8000005DC-495_634x388.jpg

article-2310965-195D05D9000005DC-65_634x318.jpg

article-2310965-195D05EC000005DC-886_634x354.jpg

article-2310965-195D05E0000005DC-328_634x363.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rashing-160mph-sports-car-dyke-reversing.html

article-2310965-195D05D1000005DC-459_634x744.jpg

Perhaps he just wanted to find out for himself just how good a water-cooled 911 is. :dont know:

:grin:

Gutted.

Hope they are ok.

Doesn't belong to Uncle Fish does it?

First time I see an article about Porsche where the actual estimated price of the car is stated. Most of the time is " the 70-100k car blah blah"

Hope the car can be repaired by the way although it will cost ...

Theo

Ooops, this will take some drying out...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...3375/Driver-rescued-from-sinking-Porsche.html

Driver rescued from sinking Porsche

A driver was dramatically rescued from his Porsche 911 by two quick-thinking eye-witnesses as his car sank in a river.

The Porsche was left with just its roof above water after plunging to the bottom of the 4ft deep river.

The stunned man, who has not been named, was dragged out of the sports car after he ended up in the water in Coltishall, Norfolk.

The freak accident happened at about 1.30pm on Tuesday when the motorist reversed into a moored-up boat off the River Bure and fell into the water.

Two men working on a nearby boat from engineering firm Ignition Marine leapt into action as the Porsche began to go down.

Mark Platten, 34, of Brampton, jumped in to get the driver out of his fast-sinking car as his mate Sam Hall, 24, of Coltishall, helped haul the man out of the water.

The Porsche was left with just its roof above water after plunging to the bottom of the 4ft deep river.

Mr Hall was walking along the river bank when he heard a huge splash.

He said: "I heard a big revving of an engine and a bang where it had hit the side of a boat and the Porsche was suddenly sitting on the water.

"We were trying to explain to the driver to get out.

"I do not know whether he was in shock or whether the door was stuck and he could not get out."

The rescuers used the boat that the car had crashed into as a platform to reach the driver.

"The car was going down slowly and we thought he was not going to get out - so Mark jumped in and it took a bit of an effort do get the door open.

"When the door opened it went down quickly and we pulled him out just in time before his head went under," said Sam.

"He was in shock and I guess his foot must have slipped on the accelerator.

"It was something like out of a James Bond film and it all happened pretty quickly."

The shocked driver went back to the scene to thank his two Good Samaritan rescuers later that after drying off and recovering.

The tied-up boat suffered a smashed window in the bizarre crash.

Attachments

• porsche_2539994c_834.jpg
    porsche_2539994c_834.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6,472
  • porsche_archant_2540070b_743.jpg
    porsche_archant_2540070b_743.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6,472
Thankfully It reads like the guy is ok and the two workmen who pulled him out was a blessing. Every time I laugh at someone's misfortune it seems to come back and bite me on the ass :wink:

theogeor said:
First time I see an article about Porsche where the actual estimated price of the car is stated. Most of the time is " the 70-100k car blah blah"

Also, they must have used the 52" height of the car to accurately state:

:thumb:

rottenbend said:
And it's a 964 not a 993

:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

:D

Why?...are 993's more able to cope with a quick plunge in a river..... :?:

I am glad the guy was OK.....but I feel rotten for him and his P&J which I would imagine might never be the same again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back