Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Official Porsche Inspection

cottlad

Monza
Quick question. If Porsche were to undertake an inspection on a vehicle (pre purchase,) would they be expected to remove the undertrays to check things like brake lines?
What about an MOT inspection? Same as above?

Thanks

I'd make sure by asking the OPC to do so.

MOT testers don't take them off. Most times they make reference to the fact that they haven't but some don't.

deMort said:
I'll just say that for a PPI i would recommend a well known Indy to have it carried out with .

Ahoy! thanks for the reply...
Would you remove undertrays on an inspection?

Oh yes !

Emissions check and brake roller check as well .

I can easily spend 3 hrs on a PPI inspection .. you will get a list from me like war and peace .. I think we charge 3 hrs for a PPi so im about on time but i have been known to keep a customer waiting longer than this :(

We don't inspect handbrake shoes though ( 1.3 hrs ) .. we do on a Major service but not on a PPI .

I will then go through it all and explain things like cig lighter not staying in is just a matter of bending the tabs .. etc etc :)

All Indys imho are the same ( i hope so anyways ) .. to miss something is bad and for me personnely a failure so i report everything and then explain it all .

I have a feeling though this isn't about buying a 997 ? welcome to PM me if required but not about my garage doing a ppi if it is that .. i'm not here to represent them .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back