Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

% off m.s.r.p.

jay jay

scanning a n other porsche site...happened to see some lucky N Americans talking about how much off list they are able to pay - even on 997!

what's that all about then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17352

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Market forces - and they get a longer warranty.

We get screwed on most new stuff over here, even UK made products are often cheaper overseas - it sucks really :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17359

I believe it's also something to do with the way that US car dealerships work. As opposed to UK dealers where you spec the car and it is built accordingly by the factory and then shipped to the dealer for final checking / handover ie the dealer is no more than a middle-man, in the US dealerships spec cars themselves and buy them in as stock. It is rare in the US to buy a car 'unseen'. You simply turn up at the dealer look around the showroom and buy one you like the look of. To that end it is largely up to the dealer what he sells the car for. This is why there was talk of large discounts on Cayennes as supposedly there were large numbers of them sitting on US forecourts that weren't selling.

I am a little surprised to hear that there are already discounts available on 997s given that they are likely to sell well and I can't imagine that there will be an initial oversupply, so perhaps I am talking rubbish !!!!

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17364

one guy was claiming a 6% off price and another a 5%....and several others claiming 3% as a "norm".

i just find it odd that over here we have a totally different approach.

UK Porsche ....discount, Sir? Sorry ..but please don't make me laugh.

US Porsche ....discount, Sir? Step right up...let's deal.

I wonder what percentage of "list" is retained on say, a 997 C2S after 12 mths/10,000 miles UK - v - US?

I think if they've discounted it to kick off with in US then we'll fare better over here retaining more actual value.

I just find it odd that OPC N America doesn't fight it's corner as hard as it does over here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17366

Yeah but you look at the secong hand values in the states, they plummet.

In the UK, you should be able to buy the 997 and sell it after a year for list. You may have to pay some commision to the dealer.

I have done this on 7 Porsches in a row. The problem is if you buy a car nobody want's. I nearly bought a 996 Targa, and there values have plummeted. Also look at a GT2, 130k new and after a year worth >40k less.

With the 997, I think the S model is the one to go for, and then the S cab, Gt3 and Turbo when they appear.

Just my 2 cents but I have been doing this for a few years.

Anyone want a GT3RS, one careful owner :D :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17373

i think i prefer our system over here...

well done Porsche...keep defending your market price...we all benefit.

Just don't start to do that favourite BMW trick and start increasing the supply!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17377

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sean Dudding on 06 August 2004

Yeah but you look at the secong hand values in the states, they plummet.

In the UK, you should be able to buy the 997 and sell it after a year for list. You may have to pay some commision to the dealer.

I have done this on 7 Porsches in a row. The problem is if you buy a car nobody want's. I nearly bought a 996 Targa, and there values have plummeted. Also look at a GT2, 130k new and after a year worth >40k less.

With the 997, I think the S model is the one to go for, and then the S cab, Gt3 and Turbo when they appear.

Just my 2 cents but I have been doing this for a few years.

Anyone want a GT3RS, one careful owner :D :wink:
So you have decided to get the GT3***?

Is the Rockingham trackday on a tuesday?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17390

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back