Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number Plate

Andrew Pawley

Hi everyone, i own a SJ410 but i have the number plate
D911-XCH i wanted to ask (as my car is now dead) how much could i get for the number plate and where to sell it, regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39679

Where's Roddy?

Hi Andrew, welcome to the site, but you may well not get many serious replies from the guys here. We have had a quite a few *911*** plates offered on the forum but they just ended up being teken the pi** out of.

Try looking at the back of 911& Porsche World mags, they offen have similar plates for sale, might just give you an idea.

Now guys, be nice to him, he's only asking! :wink:

BTW, what's SJ410?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39695

Oh no... here we go again!

Undated 911 X.. plates fetch just over £1k, so probably less that that given its an 87 plate.

The car will surely need to be MOTable to transfer the plate off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39703

yeap the car is MOT and taxed, but the engine packed in, one of the cylinders is leaking oil into it so it is misfiring and i have basic skills and being a student no money, to answer your question a SJ410 is a suzuki jeep, thanks for the help guys

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39733

Actually Andrew is far better than the twits that come on here trying to flog stuff...he's only asking best place to try to sell it & what to ask for it...Good luck selling Andrew...put the proceeds towards a 911 & come back here proper

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39735

having just read my last post i am sorry if i affended anyone, sorry, but again thank you for all the advice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39741

Andrew, don't think you've offended anyone, if you had you should see the response you would have got :)

People on here just get pissed when others come on asking 5k for a plate just cos it has 911 in it.

You haven't done that, so no probs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39746

Andrew..............for some bizarre reason ive got a soft spot for the old SJ's.....so thats you in my "good" books straight away 8)
......anyway glad that you at least aren't coming on here trying to flog the plate for a ridiculous price,as others have said the vehicle which has the plate on needs to have a current MOT to transfer it off from,and tbh although the D911 part isn't too bad the XCH bit might be a hard one to "place" for a potential buyer,unless of course Charlie Heeley's real first name is Xavier and he just uses his middle name......anyway back to selling the plate......get the SJ MOT'd if you can then put the number on retention (£105 for a year btw)...then i would try it on eBay......might take a while but you never know

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39757

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter Bird on 10 December 2005

You lot suddenly got the Christmas spirit :p
Just biding our time . . . :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39820

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996