Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NOT SO WICKED WHEELS

WillD

Nurburgring
I'm having some paintwork on my car and while it is in the shop I thought I'd have a few other things done so I had a new windscreen and the wheels refurbed.

I only really needed one wheel refurbed but there were a few marks on all four so I went for the lot. So I used Wicked Wheels.... the paint shop called me and said I should call Wicked Wheels and get them to come back because the offside rear was not good at all. So I did and they said they will come to my house next week or week after. I went up to the paint shop yesterday to have a look for myself and all four wheels are far from acceptable. Paint smears/marks/bubbling/flat paint etc. - infact some look worse than they did before.... Tuesday morning I will be on the phone like a shot and I'm going to suggest they get someone in authority to come and take a look at the mess. Of course I am going to ask them to re-do the lot.

REALLY NOT IMPRESSED BY WHOEVER DID THIS BODGE.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15628

Cripes! I hope you can get this sorted out!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15631

I think they are a franchise so if you get no joy from the guys who did the work you can speak to the head office ....

I used them last year to do my two rears and I was very happy with their work. Shame I curbed one of them 2 weeks later ;(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15632

I am in the process of having all 4 wheels refurbished by Wicked Wheels. They f*cked them up on their first attempt and so I got them to collect them and they should be re-doing them this week. Hopefully they will make a better job of them second time around. I will let you know how they turn out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15652

They are looking at them this morning. I was told yesterday that as they were not new wheels sometimes they do not come out perfect..... to which I replied if they were new wheels I would not be having them refurbed..... new wheels don't usually need to be refurbed thats the point of having older wheels refurbed !!! :evil:

Anyway I will just wait for their call..... the wheels can't go away till after Le Mans anyway.

I'll keep y'all updated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15653

Will, which franchise are you using? I am using the one that covers Essex.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15658

Well I used the head office in Essex. The car was at Lancaster Cambridge paintshop at the time and WW sent a guy called "Stan". He has been back this morning and has confirmed that WW will re-do 2 wheels but the other 2 could be tricky. In anycase it will happen after my trip to Le Mans and will be done by someone different as the car will be back home in Billericay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15660

Hello - new member here.

I had a disaster with WW wheels a couple of years ago. The refurbed all four of my Speedline alloys. Everything looked great until I fitted new tyres, then the tyre fitting machine stripped off all the new silver paint from the alloys in great flakes. Result was a total mess and I ended upbuying completely new wheels. So beware, even if the job looks good, there could be a nasty surprise waiting a year down the road.

Maybe I was unlucky

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15662

Thanks so I'll pick my next tyre fitters carefully and then ask them to take EXTRA care !!!! My current set have only rubbed off 2000 miles.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15669

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back