Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so newbie intro

timothymoffat

Hi all, thought I should post an introduction since I spend a fair bit of time lurking about this forum. I've spent a LOT of time on Rennlist over the years but I've found the environment a little "tense" recently. I've poked around here quite a bit and really enjoy the attitude......respectful but not overly serious.

I've currently got an April 95 build C2 6-speed coupe (non V-ram, Midnight Blue/Blue sport seats, PSS9s, RS Speedlines, and Turbo front bumper) that I purchased in March of 2006 with 114000KMs/71000ish miles. It now has just under 134000KMs and has been a tremendous joy to own. Only used for pleasure trips including blasts along some deserted roads in remote areas.

And for something completely different, we need some variety in our lives don't we, I've also got a September 96 build C2 6-speed coupe (V-ram, Black/Black sport seats, H&R springs/Bilstein HD shocks, came with hollow spokes from the factory). I know, dare to be different. This car also had 114000KMs when purchased in September 2008. It now sits just under 140000KMs. I had purchased an absolutely showroom fresh Guards Red/Black sport seat, 2002 996 (facelift model) in April 2008 but frankly the car just didn't hit the right buttons for me. It was quicker than the 993 but that novelty wore off in about a month. It just didn't make me smile like the older cars do when just putting around. So it got traded for the black 993.

Anyhow, thought it best to introduce myself properly rather than just jump in.

All the best,

Tim.

Welcome Tim.

Any pictures of your cars?

:welcome:

Photos would be great!

Both cars sound great - and being used as intended, which is what it's all about!!

:thumb:

timothymoffat said:
.....respectful but not overly serious....

really? :grin: We must work on that.

Welcome to 911uk Tim :bye:

I always ask this question in these circumstances- can you tell me the width of the front wheels if they were from the factory?

I'll probably also be asking you winter-tyres questions :grin:

As I tooam usually a member of the "picture post police", I better post a couple. Unfortunately I'm posting from iPad so have limited pics.

1st one is of the 95 parked at a friends house. 2nd one is of the 97 (crappy pic) doing what black cars are born for........getting polished :frustrated: 3rd pic is of some friends gathered to do what we do best......drink beer :grin:

Attachments

• image_172.jpg
    image_172.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 3,489
  • image_723.jpg
    image_723.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3,489
  • image_755.jpg
    image_755.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 3,489
Nice plate on the black one - looks great!

orangecurry said:
I always ask this question in these circumstances- can you tell me the width of the front wheels if they were from the factory?

I assume you're referring to the factory fit hollow spokes, they are 8". The 7.5" versions were Boxster and 996 fitment.

As to tires (I'm Canadian :grin: ), I run Bridgestone RE-01Rs on the 95 ( due for replacement next year) and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 97. Both in the stock 225-40 and 265-35 setup. The cars get garaged over winter so no need to swap tires. Very little snow in Vancouver (only 1 day in the last 2 winters) but where I live, about 25 miles east in the suburbs, the city seems to like to pour every de-icer known to man on the roads from November to March......even if its 10C!! :sad:

Just noticed, my picture order seems reversed from description. I have NOT been drinking.......yet.

And for the record, I am considerably younger than my pictured friends above. I'm 43 and besides my 993s I enjoy camping, boating, and nice walks with my dogs. If you are a 25-35 year old female, good looking, smart, friendly, and are looking for a nice guy, PM me.
:floor: :grin:

timothymoffat said:
orangecurry said:

I assume you're referring to the factory fit hollow spokes, they are 8". The 7.5" versions were Boxster and 996 fitment.

Thanks - as part of my Master's Degree dissertation I'm trying to ascertain whether the 8J was fitted to the 993, and the 7.5J to the 986.1 and 996.1, or whether Porsche simply changed from making 8J to making 7.5J at that time and so 96/97/98 cars might have had either.

It helps the winter evenings fly-by.

timothymoffat said:
And for the record, I am considerably younger than my pictured friends above. I'm 43 and besides my 993s I enjoy camping, boating, and nice walks with my dogs. If you are a 25-35 year old female, good looking, smart, friendly, and are looking for a nice guy, PM me.

We tend to scare-off the girls with our witty remarks on chassis-legs and scuttle rust - sorry. :oops:

orangecurry said:
timothymoffat said:

We tend to scare-off the girls with our witty remarks on chassis-legs and scuttle rust - sorry. :oops:

If it helps, neither car shows the chassis-leg issue (yet) and the 95 had the scuttle issue taken care of both front and rear as well as a new windshield fitted in late 2009. The 97 had the windshield changed in December (along with front respray and the ugly bumperette-ectomy) and showed no signs of rust when the windshield was out. Fingers and toes crossed.

At the risk of looking needy, here's two just taken shots of the 97.

Attachments

• image_769.jpg
    image_769.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,393
  • image_491.jpg
    image_491.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 3,393
timothymoffat said:
If you are a 25-35 year old female, good looking, smart, friendly, and are looking for a nice guy, PM me.

My 'friend' wants to know if you have your own hair and teeth :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back