Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not a month old and broken

snarf

Alright not a major problem but as a warning to others take care when cleaning the filler cap area. A few days earlier I had spilled a few drops of fuel while removing the filler nozzle so when cleaning the car yesterday I decided to wash behind the cover. I use a large cotton towel to wash the car and it was the bulk of this that put just a little too much pressure on the cover, there was an audible crack and now the cover no longer closes correctly. I will need to schedule a trip to my OPC to assess just what damage I’ve done but as the car is now approaching 2000 miles I may well combine this with an oil and filter change.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76356

Oops - these things happen. Don't worry -I'm sure the rest of the 997 experience is great!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76375

I remember knocking the door mirror off my old E36 M3 when washing it and it dented the door!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76692

I had an accident with the jack not being in the jacking point correctly and make a bit of a mess, still cry about it now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76693

It seems enevitable these days that your car is going to get dented/scratched/scraped. In the past people were careful when getting in and out of cars. Nowadays they seem to fling the doors open and smack into your car! It is really annoying!

Maybe it is something to do with cars getting bigger and spaces getting smaller.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76729

My wife reversed her LR Disco into a post last Saturday. Needs a new bumper, light and some paint. It was 2 weeks old!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76766

Glad to report that the problem has now been sorted thanks to Reynolds of Rushock (my local Porsche approved body shop). They quickly relocated the spring and tidied a couple of small paint blemishes that were present on delivery and the best is that because the work was considered so minor there was no charge! Excellent, friendly service, I was even given a cup of coffee while I waited for the work to be carried out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77071

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by snarf on 28 September 2006

Glad to report that the problem has now been sorted thanks to Reynolds of Rushock (my local Porsche approved body shop). They quickly relocated the spring and tidied a couple of small paint blemishes that were present on delivery and the best is that because the work was considered so minor there was no charge! Excellent, friendly service, I was even given a cup of coffee while I waited for the work to be carried out.
Glad it sorted. I have used Reynolds too, they are very good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77077

Nothing major but i snapped the S on the back of mine whilst cleaning it, only had it for 3 weeks but it was its 15th wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77090

3 weeks... 15th wash???

sad or not?

Discuss...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77102

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 28 September 2006

3 weeks... 15th wash???

sad or not?

Discuss...
Obsessive, but not sad! :wink:
If I had a 997 S Cab, I might be inclined to wash it quite often too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77110

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 27 September 2006

I remember knocking the door mirror off my old E36 M3 when washing it and it dented the door!
How the hell did you manage that? What were you washing it with? A high pressure fire hose or something? :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77120

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calinours38
Back