Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noise from rear when travelling over ridges and sharp bumps

montygraphics

Silverstone
Had my 997.1 for 4 years now and it has always been noisy over sharp bumps and ridges.

Have thoroughly checked rear suspension several times and no play or wear in bushes or arms and it has passed 4 MoT's without any issues.

After SWMBO started to comment on the issue I discovered it was the engine lid/spoiler that was making the noise. It didn't move when trying by hand and the panel gaps are fine.

It improved after winding out the adjustable bump stops on the lid and spoiler but it was remedied completely by adding a rubber strip where the bump stops touch the body. Its like a different car now and I am really pleased.

So check this if you have an incurable noise from the rear over sharp bumps.

Have you check engine mounts?

Renowned for wearing out and easy to change

Someone did say the other day that it is important to have new mounts torqued only up to the specified level otherwise performance and ride can be sub optimal. Worth checking that perhaps.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back