Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

nice motor but wrong colour

Rodders

Magny-Cours
That's just given me the boke!

As for the white C4S, i kinda think it looks ok - bit different. Saw a 996tt in white once and it looked good. Don't think i'd buy white tho!

dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44447

I like the white. Used to think it was all a bit 80's but there's a white 993 cab on my street and I've got quite used to it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44448

One mans bread is another mans poison.

I think the car looks fab, really like it and it makes a nice change from the sea of silver cars that you see.

Looks in great condition and low milage also.

The sad thing is that loads of people who like the colour would be put off buying it, scared of the resale issues regarding the colour.

Nice car and more of a head turner than a silver one, but not garish or dated like yellow or guards.

I really regret the chance I had in the middle of last year to buy a mint 993tt 1998 with 39k on the clock for £39k, zentith blue with all the right bits and FSH etc.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44449

Now imagine the white one with the burgundy interior.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44452

I actually like the burgundy interior, but it is probably bordering a little on the purple side to be ideal. It looks a colour match to me to the Asprey purple hide seen in a few Asprey edition F355s.

You see some Ferraris in Grigio titanio with bordeaux hide and it look fab IMO.

Porsches are one of the few cars which can wear white well, but I would agree that it wouldn't be my first choice!

I suppose you could colour code the wheels red for a 73 RS look...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44457

I like the white one - hate the interior though - imagine the same car with black interior and black 18" alloys - and maybe a big, curly 1974 "CARRERA" down the side -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44462

I agree with you Daz....an excellent change from the sea of silver. But as for that burgandy interior.....why on earth is it an option.

I did get an explanation once from a dealer (after I made my feelings about Savannah interiors, or Yellow as I like to call them)

Its that people that buy a new Porsche are expressing individuality and therefore go for something more off the wall..plus they don't usually give a rats about the resale value.

Gary

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44464

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 31 January 2006

Nice car and more of a head turner than a silver one, but not garish or dated like yellow or guards.Daz.
So is mine garish or dated???? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44467

Rob J,

Your car is SOOOO NICEEEE

Yeah but no but yeah but no, but yeah :wink:

Red can look dated, sorry to say :oops:

But not on yours :lol:

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44468

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 31 January 2006

Rob J,Your car is SOOOO NICEEEEYeah but no but yeah but no, but yeah :wink:
Red can look dated, sorry to say :oops:
But not on yours :lol:
Daz.

He's the only Guards Red in the village Myfanwy!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44470

Almost bought a set of red GT3 alloys to go with it but they ended up going for silly money on e-bay considering they needed a refurb!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44471

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back