Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Next job done..Becker Grand Prix

Barryn

Spa-Francorchamps
This is an early Christmas present for the car (and me) :grin:

The history file for the car has an invoice for a "renew stereo" dated 31/03/98 at a cost of £275.79 and this is what was fitted.

image_zps0c5b5928.jpg

While it worked well enough, I wasn't a fan of the bright LEDs and the rocker type volume control, so a hunt for a Becker was initiated, and it arrived yesterday.

The old unit was removed to reveal rather jumbled interface wiring.

image_zpsc5f40512.jpg

Removed this and then reinstalled the amplifier cable (had to remove the seat to find it)
Thanks to Jonttt's journal again....made the appropriate amplifier trigger connections, then slid the head unit home.
There are small rivets that are used in the fabrication of the rear brackets and these initially stopped it going all the way home, so they needed a little bend to get them out of the way.

image_zps4a8dd0b2.jpg

image_zps8c3d966a.jpg

Very easy to use and the sound quality is excellent. :thumb:

Apologies for the lack of pictures...I was quite keen to get it running.

Not cheap I guess :what:

I bought one of these off Ebay in the last few minutes! Current one is a flashing blue Sony monstrosity and I hate it with a passion.

Not looking forward to fitting it though, I have no idea what to do, will just have to try to figure it out as I go along... :dont know:

Appreciated

Thanks, it's is a tidy fit, slots snugly in.
Not too bad, this one is fresh out of a GT3 so it used to living the high life!
Enjoy fitting it, you will need to get some connectors for the amplifier trigger wires from Maplins before you get stuck in.

Re: Appreciated

Barryn said:
Enjoy fitting it, you will need to get some connectors for the amplifier trigger wires from Maplins before you get stuck in.

Mine was plug and play iirc?

I bought one a few weeks ago. Just sourced correct iPod kit via Germany. I hope it sounds good. My current HU performs but doesn't have the look.

Re: Appreciated

dommorton said:
Barryn said:

Mine was plug and play iirc?

Sorry for slow response... Delayed by Christmas party :oops:

Jonttt's Becker cascade installation suggested that some head units (older?) had the amplifier trigger wire on the original terminals, mine was made in 2007.

Highway, I was once toying with the idea of replacing my speakers for more modern ones, but the new Becker is so much better than what was in the car before, I don't think I will bother now.

Mine is MY98. Ah well what does it matter. At least it's working.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back